Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Talking to air

Holy crap he's back so soon! Holy crap!

Okay, don't panic.


Talking to air, my specialty, but not me this time. Well, from the beginning, I rushed out the door around 12:30 with my hastily typed up 26 page long and annotated timeline worth 1000 years or so of European history. Exam, of course. Anyways, I hop on the bus to the subway station, and sometime between Main Street and Bloor stations, this girl sits down beside me. No problem, the guy took the seat, so she's forced to sit beside me. I assumed she wasn't in highschool because she has a metropass. Ok, so like I cared past that, I was trying to go through the Reformation again in my notes.

She pops out a drink from the corner of my eye. Looks like chocolate milk or something. Whatever. She downs it a few times, then all of a sudden, she goes "Oh, so smooth and creamy.". But there's noone else there. I was about to believe she was on the phone (oh Bluetooth, how many people you've made to look insane), but obviously what rest I heard wouldn't amount to telephone banter even for two Japanese immigrants trying to speak English through the phone the first day in learning English. So, back to figuring out what the hell Martin Luther did again, then again, she starts going on some jibber jabber, just trying to say some nonsense into air. Obviously, there's noone she came with, she's just talking straight at her. A real basketcase.

Too bad though, my stop was coming up, and I was busy studying, so I couldn't possibly try to outcrazy her. Wasn't ready, didn't have anything lined up, so I just got up and waited for my stop. I'm pretty sure she was high on something, but just enough not to accidentally walk onto the rails before the train pulled into whatever station she got on, because I would've probably been late for my exam. Plus that's an unfair advantage, I have to channel out my sane, rational, lucid thoughts to be crazy while she just has to sniff or pop whatever and does it. It's like using steroids in the Olympics, it's an unfair advantage.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

no one was there... but you