Thursday, May 3, 2007

Free and Dumb

Free, dumb? Freedom? Get it? I thought you wouldn't, and there's two reasons why. Either I'm too smart for everyone, or everyone's just too dumb.

Free - I am now free (give or take a week) before I go back to classes, or more accurately, summer school. Luckily, I don't feel as bad because most of the people I bumped into or know are actually taking summer courses (albeit not mine, everyone planned ahead to avoid me). It's only 2 days a week, but for 6 hours, which is twice the amount of classes per week of lectures in a regular year. Oh, and ther regular year is twice as long as the summer "year". So twice the work in half the time, I'm going at 4 times the speed, baby! So much for free. Unless I stick to old habits, I guess I am... for 5 of 7 days of the week.

Dumb - What I do is empty out my brain from whatever I remembered after a test or exam, and just forget about it. No point in worrying about what you wrote on a test because you're not getting it back until it's marked. Unless you called your TA a(n) [expletive of choice], or any "offenses" to your TA (my History TA said she'd personally lower your marks for calling the Middle Ages the Dark Ages, but only because that's her specialty). So, right now, I'm done exams and I'm letting my grey matter liquify (in fact, my Psych test had a question on grey matter, I don't think I got that question right). In fact, if I didn't know any better, my brain failed halfway through the exam.

Funny story with today's exam, apparently the "place of higher learning", calling itself the University of Toronto, couldn't crunch a bunch of simple numbers - when everyone arrived for the exam and entered the exam room, well, it just so happened there weren't enough seats. But I'm not talking about 4 or 5 people, more like 30 or so. Give or take 30 people didn't have a seat at the original intended exam room, so I and alot of other people, including a few people I met during labs, had to march halfway across campus to another room to write the exam. Wasn't that great either, it was dimmed lecture hall, and when I say lecture hall, it also means uncomfortable chairs and crappy makeshift tables. Writing an exam for three hours - those are horrible conditions. At least the original exam room had actual tables and chairs, even though the room seemed to be some kind of church hall, so lighting was just as bad.

Okay, I'm getting hungry, which means I need to make dinner, because my sister, who was tasked with making dinner, like everyone else she is tasked with, seems to forget to do it because she's a moron. So it looks like I'm up to bat. Because I'd rather not starve even when I'm free, poetic as it sounds.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

emo kids rule the world!