Sunday, April 29, 2007

Two down, two to go

The only thing about exam season I don't like is that I don't really get much studying done. Let's look at some examples, or actually, what I did for the first two exams I wrote already:

Psych 100 on Wednesday - read all my notes, did some questions in the study guide the day before the exam. I was hoping the study guide would do me some good, and it did, considering I found I could answer more than "Name" on the scantron sheet without having to guess. But multiple choice is a doozy for such a course that apparently used to be a full year and got "promoted" to being a half course with the same content - i.e. learning twice as fast, which is something I haven't or don't hope to master.

Poli Sci 103 on Friday - reread the entire text, went over my notes - which didn't amount to much, just in-class slide notes for 80% of the time - and went over them again. This was the night before - I will define "The night before" as from 4PM the day before to 2AM the day of, with multiple breaks inbetween lasting 15 to 30 minutes. Come exam day, it was a 3 hour exam full of writing - the most B.S.'ing I've had to do in a long time; writing essays in an hour isn't exactly one of my fortes so I pretty much skipped anything conventional about essays. I did that last test and I didn't get penalized for it. I love getting away with things. I'll admit, it all made sense after I finished studying, because I didn't pay attention in class for the most part. Content is interesting indeed, but I'm no longer interested in politics.


Upcoming matches:

Me vs History 109, or remember 1000 years of European History (the course says something like 1300-1945, but we all know history doesn't happen in a bubble, so it rounds up and down to around 1000CE - Sept 10, 2001). Tuesday! TUESDAY! TUESDAY! 2-5PM, more exam writing, but I like history, so this won't feel much of a chore ... as long as I start studying, considering I already skipped Friday afternoon (yeah right) and all of Saturday (because it's Saturday regardless).

Me vs. Organic Chem/Chem 138: Thursday Morning. This sounds like fun because I already did another chem exam for the first half (CHM139), but numbers aside, this is pretty much all concepts. My cousin argues this is harder and number crunching is easier, but he loaths physics because it is both conceptual and number crunching at once. Good thing I pulled out of Grade 12 physics when I had (the first week). Chem though, it's not too tough - even though I didn't do exceptionally well on the previous tests, I don't really want to worry since it's the same process I've done before for quite a while. I won't worry. At least not yet.

Maybe I really should start studying.

No comments: