Thursday, April 19, 2007

Easily Distracted

First off, I'd like to offer my deepest condolences to everyone in the Blacksburg, Virginia area and all the students of Virginia Tech, from one student to another.

I say this out of sincerity, not to fit into the norm or sound repetitive or to make a point, something witty or sardonic. It was a tragedy, and it would be less than human to do otherwise, but some people have found these tragedies make perfect situations to forward their political agendas.

I'll say it now, F--- politics. Nothing good comes out of it without something bad along with it.



Okay, so now that that's settled, let's proceed on a lighter tone, or, the usual around here.

Obviously, I didn't expect any comments from my last post because noone ever actually comments, it's exam season for universities, and frankly, that was a pretty crappy title.

On the subject of exam season, from reading various MSN names, it seems everyone who doesn't go to U of T seems to be almost rid of the curse they call exams. So, I expect comments (not really) considering everyone else will be done. Myself? They start on the week of the 23rd (next week), 2 that week, 2 the week after. But then, what am I doing here, I may ask? While you're at it, ask why you're here. Hit that "Next Blog" button if I'm really giving off some strange vibe (it's not my B.O., I just had a shower).

Easily distracted, I am. First exam is on Wednesday next week, then the next on Friday, Tuesday and Thursday, and what do I have to show for it? Well, I'm writing this? Maybe practice? Other than that, I've been doing anything other than studying, even when I'm bored in and out of my skull, I really want to find something other than start the studying process. I'll never be free considering I'll be in perpetual learning this summer. Summer courses sound fun until you find out you're doing twice the amount of work in half the amount of time. Yippie?

Honestly, I have no idea what I'm more afraid of this time of year, learning (or in some cases, re-learning) all that information, containing it in my brain to write down into something coherent in 3 hours, or having to do that with regular washroom breaks due to coffee and Frutopia.

Let's just hope I don't get distracted again ... oh, a pink kite ... wait, at 3:30 in the morning? The insomnia must be wearing off. Let's hope I don't get distracted to write another one of these. For all our sakes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good luck on your exams coning up and hope you add oil on your studying =]]////.....