Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Well, maybe next year...

Well, too bad for Ottawa, because they'll have to try again next year. If you're a Sens fan (you know who you all are, since there are so few of you), you might feel angry, distraught, betrayed, or other feelings. Do not fret, because you shall know the true value of telling yourself, "maybe next year"**. All the Leafs fans (like me) do it.

I, too, am feeling distraught, frustrated and betrayed, but not because of the Sens. I only watched the games because it was hockey, and I didn't root for either team, because who wants to cheer for Ottawa? And who wants to cheer for Anaheim in a room full of "Go Ottawa for the cup"-bandwagoners? I'm not that crazy. Well, let's just say it has something to do with the next SimCity, and how it's pissing off the community. Oh well, it seems we're going to stick with SimCity4. I am.

This week, my bio class has proven it actually has a sense of humour. Also, I'd like to have this down when I'm senile, old, grey haired and suffering from arthritis in my toes to read and dream about the "good 'ol days". A lecture on human evolution covered a part on sexual selection and the thesis of this book. It was quite a laugh to learn that females like guys with bigger brains (wait, did I italisize the wrong word again?) through the evolution of the human brain, so things like sense of humour completely outweighs things such as "he looks like and has the build of a pool boy or the man on the cover of a sappy romance novel". It apparently works both ways these days, but I always had a thing for smart and funny girls. ;)

Also, my lab manual is completely hilarious. According to exerpts of the lab instructions (especially more fun when reading this part completely out of context):

"Do not mate until instructed to do so by your instructor"
"Choose any student in the calss to mate with. Mates need not be of the opposite sex. You are completely promiscuous and cannot reject any suitor"

I nearly broke down and cried from laughter.


**Actual delusions sold seperately.

No comments: