Saturday, March 24, 2007

The Oncoming Storm

What is The Oncoming Storm? Why did I capitalize it? Is it something famous? Maybe. It has one meaning, but through habit that they teach you to do in school since forever now, there's bound to be more than one meaning for something, whether you can find an actual connection or not. Ah, the beauty of English class. And I shall deliver, if only out of habit. See, school is good for you.

Saturday, March 31st is when the next season of Doctor Who airs. He is this Oncoming Storm you've been hearing about last paragraph. If you don't know what Doctor Who is, in a nutshell, it's a British Sci-Fi series about a guy with 13 lives that travels time and space with human companions in a spaceship diguised as a police box, and yes, it's bigger on the inside. Even his pockets. It's been going on since 1963, yep, that's right, before we were born. Granted, I'm not British, nor do I have BBC One, but I have my ways to watch it some time after they do. I mean, it is the Internet.

Oliver, if you're reading this, I've given you about a week's notice. You should be watching this, studying in London and all. You want to fit in? Watch Doctor Who. You'll probably fit in more than trying to "fake" British by using words like "bruvva" and "oi" - in fact, stop acting like a chav in general. Yes, that's right, stop acting like a chav.

On that note, I myself am also technically British. I was born in Hong Kong before China got it back, so wouldn't that mean I'm technically British?

More "oncoming storms" ... yes, I have two tests next week. It's crunch time again, and just imagine I'll tell you how much I don't study. Because I hate repeating myself. I hate repeating myself. I just hate it. Repeating myself. Oh, how I hate repeating myself.


Off on another tangent and to a more interesting topic: Glasses.

I recently got another "upgrade". By upgrade it means I still have my original eyes, just new glasses. Rather than be some ol' plain jane, I decided to pick a different style. No, just a tad more riskier, not horn-rimmed or anything. Semi-rimmed! I would've liked alternating rims on top and below for each side, but, like I said, nothing too risky. Yet.


So, care to see my new coke bottles? No? Yes? It doesn't matter, it's not the circus freakshow. I give you the World premiere of my face on the Internet in ... a long time. If you already know what I look like, it's not much of a big surpise. I put a nice simple Before/After picture to get your minds in order in case you're nuttier than I am. And without futher ado:







OH MY GOSH THE RIMS WHERE HAVE THEY GONE? (Well, half of them at least)

And yes, personal hygene out the window; that is, I always forget to shave. Oh, and I'm hideous, so I don't have to worry about any stalkers. If they only knew...





Another funny incident about glasses though (scroll down if you really can't stand my face, I even gave you the extra blank space for that, aren't I nice, at least?) happened just this Thursday. On the streetcar on the way to class, I was standing beside this ... let's just put it this way, he was probably weirder than me on some levels. He was wearing glasses, but he wasn't at the same time. He was, how shall I put it, wearing just the frames. Yes, no actual lenses, so that must mean either contacts or he's faking intelligence. But not that, because his frames were purple. And plastic. How did I know he didn't have any lenses? Well, there was no reflection or distortion if you looked at them. And how did I stare long enough to deduce that? He was on the phone... which is also strange, who do you talk to during the morning commute, now that is a mystery.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice glasses...=]] they make u look older and more professional looking.. p.s good luk on ur tests =]]...