Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Loneliness, Valentine's Day, Coincidence?

Well, it's that time of year again. Like every other holiday, people say that, don't they? For about 99% of the people that spend most of their time on the Internet, this is yet another day to show that they're lonely bums. And, obviously, you assume I'm part of that group. Assume all you like. Of course, most of them will dismiss the idea of being lonely on Valentine's Day anyways (yes, that's what we're talking about, if you just tuned in).

Unfortunately, trying to find someone to spend Valentine's Day with isn't as simple as spamming "LFG" in the shout channel until someone says yes. If you actually understood that and you weren't born with a penis (under normal circumstances) and relatively easy on the eyes (I'll be the judge of that myself), be sure to look me up. If you did not get that without looking up LFG on urbandictionary.com (the first definition), then I hate to say it, you're probably out of my league. Not as an insult to your person, but I don't think women can just sit there and listen to what men (I use that term loosely to include those that spend all your time playing World of WarCraft - luckily I don't - take note of that) have to say and try to block us out; I know we can, effortlessly, I might add, but I doubt you would be able to stand us talking about our "uber gear" or about our Blackrock Spire raids went so well and discuss how we should've been "main tank" with our skill build. You'd be bored to death. I would be too. Okay, that's my nerd paragraph done. Good Gods, I thought I'd never be able to finish that.

I actually have much to say about loneliness, or I could just be mistaken and am being misled. Maybe a I should somehow, through my vast knowledge of all things technical-like, keep track of the number of people who bother to waste their time and bandwidth coming here to read what I have to say (i.e. incoherent babbling). Unless the small handful of people who do are busy this time of the year (myself included, though I make myself to appear otherwise), I'm just typing for the sake of either to satiate my insomnia or for the sake of giving myself the illusion of feeling I have any real reason and meaning in the Information Age by doing this, even if I am relegated to the fringes of the Internet in comparison to ... about everyone else.

Or maybe I'm just snappy because noone comments anymore, even though I said I didn't give half of a quarter of a damn if you did or didn't. Well, maybe I care, maybe I don't. But it seems like I proved reverse psychology wrong this time.



Reading Week starts next week, so maybe I'll find more time to say nothing, but in multiple paragraphs as usual. To noone, of course.

1 comment:

Clayton Boucher said...

Valentine's sucks. There, I said it.

Though winter rules. Nothing beats playing pond hockey. :)